- Place shrimp and scallops in a large pot of boiling water (4 cups of water per pound of meat) and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Scallops and peeled and deveined shrimp will be cooked in 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rock shrimp cook in about half the time of regular shrimp, so watch closely.
- Shucked clams and oysters will be cooked in 3 to 5 minutes.
- Seafood with lower fat content – like shrimp, scallops, clams and oysters – should be basted when cooked with a dry heat method such broiling or baking.
FryingPan-fry or sauté
- Lightly dust with flour.
Fry fillets in 1/8-inch of oil for 3 to 6 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily.
- Breaded oysters, shrimp, scallops and clams until golden brown in oil that is approximately 365 degrees F.
- Shrimp and scallops cook in 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oysters and clams should be steamed until their shells open completely